If you marry a righteous and pious Muslima, then she will help fulfill your target of achieving Jannah. We will present to you the 5 easiest ways on how to find a wife. You will require patience and persistence to find yourself a quality Muslim woman. It is essential that you get the support from the righteous company.
Finding a wife involves building meaningful connections. Engage in social activities, use matrimonial apps/sites, or seek introductions from friends and family. Be patient, communicate openly, and prioritize shared values and compatibility to find the right partner.
You must choose a wife who’s righteous and one who will act as an ideal companion to achieve eternal happiness in the hereafter. A righteous wife will undoubtedly have many aspects that are satisfactory.
Muslim Life Partner?
As mentioned within the Holy Quran –
“A woman is married for four (reasons): her wealth, noble ancestry, beauty and religion. Choose the religious woman lest your hand is stuck to dust (because of destitution).” Sahih Al Bukhari & Muslim “Evil women (are) for evil men, and evil men (are) for evil women. And good women (are) for good men and good men (are) for good women. Those (are) innocent of what they say. For them (is) forgiveness and a provision noble.”
– Surah An Nur; Verse 26
How to Find a Woman to Marry?
Finding yourself a decent and pious Muslim woman for marriage in Islam is a rewarding pursuit and requires a lot of patience. There are various ways you can find a Muslim woman for marriage.
1. Getting to know your potential match at your nearby mosque
- Talk to women at your nearby mosque with the sole intention of getting married. It is suggested that you talk to the desired individual in the presence of a mahram or guardian.
- As both of you attended the common place of worship at the mosque, you’re likely to have many things in common. This includes your place of work or where you live.
- You should have the sole purpose of ‘How to find a wife’. The mosque is a holy place, so you should be mindful of your actions.
2. Asking close friends or family members to get introduced personally
- Your close friends or family members can act as your matchmaker and find your desired match.
- One major advantage of this is, that you and your potential match have a stamp of approval.
- Your friend or family member will also be able to give you an idea of what she or he is like before both of you meet face-to-face.
- You may also tell your friend or family to pass on some words praising you. This would spark interest in your potential match.
- It would also be a good idea for the person to tag along so that they aren’t left alone with your potential match when you first meet.
3. Joining a Muslim matrimonial site that follows all necessary guidelines for individuals of the Islamic faith.
- You can join the most reliable Muslim matrimonial website, Noble Marriage. Our target here is to assist you in looking for your ideal Muslim partner. This way you will fulfill half your deen.
- We want you to provide you with a secure platform to find your desired match. You’ll be able to find the person you’re looking for from the large pool of authentic Muslim users.
4. Come back to your homeland to get married
- Many of us go abroad to either settle down or strive to have a better quality of life, preferably in the West. But in Islamic marriage, we should our desired life partner from possibly from our homeland.
- If you look for a suitable wife within a region where Islam is more prevalent, then you’re more likely to find your desired match.
- This would mean you’re getting approval from your family. You’re more likely to find like-minded women you’ve been looking for all along.
5. Attend Muslim gatherings and social groups
- You should specifically look for organizations within your area for Muslim gatherings. It is very common nowadays for young Muslim students to open social clubs and groups.
- This will allow you to share your thoughts and open up with other like-minded people. Universities nowadays also have many religious and social groups. This can make finding your match easier.
Finding a Wife in Islam
If you’re a Muslim, then you should look forward to getting married. Getting married is a worldly achievement, and it helps you to complete your faith. Prophet Muhammad PBUH mentioned in a hadith –
“When a person gets married he has completed half of his religion, so let him fear Allah regarding the other half.” Narrated by Al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak from Anas
The aforementioned hadith emphasizes that marriage is undoubtedly an integral part of your life. This is exactly why you should treat marriage with utmost importance.
How to find the right woman to marry?
If you’re looking to choose your ideal spouse, things will undoubtedly be a bit challenging. You must decide on the right characteristics you want in your potential spouse. Your potential wife must offer you the best companionship and must help you to attain peace in paradise.
- A righteous woman will guard her chastity.
- Be honorable towards her husband in his presence & absence.
- She needs to be mindful and understanding about her husband’s minor and major issues.
As narrated by Allah SWT –
O Messenger of Allah, what type of wife is best? He said: “The one who makes (her husband) happy when he looks at her, and she obeys him if he instructs her to do something, and she does not do anything with regard to herself or his wealth in a manner of which he does not approve. Narrated by Ahmad (2/251); classed by al-Albaani in as-Silsilah as-Saheehah (1838)
Qualities of a good woman to marry
Some qualities that you should look for in your potential wife, as mentioned in Hadith, are given below –
- Her Faith
Prophet Muhammad PBUH said:
“A woman is sought in marriage for four reasons; wealth, social status, beauty and deen (piety). So seek the one with deen – may you then be successful.”
– Sahih Bukhari & Muslim
Prophet Muhammad emphasized deen of a potential spouse as the sole quality that supersedes other qualities. But this doesn’t mean you should not look for other qualities, such as beauty, in your spouse. If you had to choose, then your focus should be on his or her deen.
Prophet Muhammad PBUH mentioned in another hadith –
“The best property a man can have is a remembering tongue (about Allah), a grateful heart and a believing wife who helps him in his faith.”
The above hadith is another sign of how important it is for you to choose virtuous women as your spouse.
- Her chastity
A pious and righteous wife will safeguard her chastity and will always honor you as her husband. She will remain considerate towards major & minor issues. Allah SWT said –
“Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husbands) absence what Allah would have them guard” – Surah An Nisa; Verse 34
A righteous woman possesses moral character and is good in manner. She is not supposed to be mean or have foul speech. Rather, she should have a clean soul, be pure at heart, and be good.
- Be obedient
She must always listen to your advice and have the capacity to follow them wholeheartedly. It is never desirable for your wife to be stubborn and be arrogant towards you.
Al Asma’i said –
“It was said that women are of three types: one who is easy-going, gentle, chaste and dignified, Muslim, a help to her family, and not a burden on them; one who is merely a vessel for childbearing; and one who is like a heavy yoke that Allah places on the neck of whomever He wills, and takes it away from whomever He wills”
- Be grateful
A scholar mentioned –
“The best of women is the one who, if she is given she is grateful, and if she is deprived she is patient; you feel happy when you look at her, and she obeys you if you instruct her to do something.”
An ideal Muslim woman should always strive to uphold her connections to her lord. Also, she must work hard to enhance her faith. She should not shy away from her obligatory duties.
The woman that you choose to marry also needs to be open to perform some naafil deeds. She should always provide utmost importance to please Allah SWT.
Prophet Muhammad PBUH mentioned –
“Choose the one who is religiously-committed, may your hands be rubbed with dust (i.e., may you prosper).”
– Al Bukhaari; 4802 & Muslim 1466
- Be righteous
A righteous wife must always care about her children and raise them by following Islamic teachings. Ensure that your kids have good manners and teach them to love Allah SWT and his messengers.
A pious wife should not force her children to achieve prominence in this world, rather she should instill religious commitment within her children. She must ensure that her children are good and possess Islamic knowledge.
Halal plan on finding a spouse
- Have pure intentions
You must be sure about why you want to get married first. Your intentions must be pure for marriage. As a Muslim man, if you want to fulfill your physical needs, support your wife, and raise a family, only then should you consider getting married.
But if you possess the sole intention of meeting your physical needs, then marriage is not sustainable for you.
- Having the right age difference
Having children doesn’t mean you’ll need to marry someone who’s in their early twenties. Women are very much capable of bearing children well into their late 30s as well. If you are someone who’s in their 40s, then you should not consider marrying someone who’s in their 20s.
A 1 to 10-year age difference should be quite realistic. What truly matters is, you find yourself a loving and beautiful woman.
- Be presentable
Prophet Muhammad PBUH used to wear clean clothes. He smelled good, used to be well groomed, and always maintained proper hygiene. Both men and women should take care of themselves properly. When you go outside, be it to the masjid or any other place, make sure to be well-dressed at all times.
Seeking marriage when you come of age is a necessity in Islam. This is something which you should not shy away from. You should ask your fellow Muslims, ‘How to find a wife’. Finding a wife may seem like a monumental task for you, but with the right attitude, patience, and perseverance, you will succeed. This article focuses on some of the easiest ways on how you can find a wife for you.