One of the brothers at Noble Marriage has written this enlightening article. This is very relevant to our time and age.
All praise and glory to Allah and may peace and blessings of Almighty Allah be upon His Messenger.
Allah has warned us in the Qur’an and through His prophet about trials and outbreak of diseases-
- These are part of tests from Allah and those who remain patient will be rewarded [Ref- Surah Baqarah: 155]
- Trials and punishments are given due to oppression and injustice on the land and sea done by mankind; and these punishments are given as a chance of returning to righteousness [Ref- Surah Rum: 41]
- When immorality of character (i.e. illicit relationships) is widespread, unprecedented epidemics and diseases will take place which did not exist before. [Ref- Ibn Mājah: 4019]
- These contagious epidemics are punishments from Allah, but will become mercy for the Muslims who will remain patient and will rely on Allah following prophetic guidelines during this period [Ref- Bukhari: 5402]
Facts vs Fictions:
- We are almost there for the major signs of the Day of Judgement to appear, as nearly all minor signs have appeared before us in last ~30-40 years. Dajjal, Imam Mahdi, ‘Isa (peace be upon him) may appear ANY time and it can be very soon!
- No one should give a specific year regarding the arrival of Dajjal, Mahdi and ‘Isa (peace be upon him), as the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) himself did not give a specific year to us. So this is incorrect to say 2024 or 2026 is “the year”. In fact, the “hadith” of two eclipses coinciding in Ramadan is a false hadith.
- Coronavirus can even kill sincere Muslims too. In fact, many greatest companions of the Prophet died in the plague of Amwas in Syria, including Abu Ubaydah Ibn Al-Jarrah (ra) and Muadh Ibn Jabal (ra) who died of the plague.
- No Muslims should live in oblivion that the virus will not affect them and will only affect the non-Muslims. Rather we should fear Allah, stay away from sins and try to keep us and the society safe from this deadly virus with the help of Allah.
Best Course of Actions:
- Follow the prophetic guidelines of isolation as he (peace be upon him) said that one should not leave the places of plague, nor should one enter the places of plague. [Ref- Both Bukhari & Muslim]
- Keep the sick individuals in strict quarantine as mentioned by the prophet that sick (camels) should not be put with healthy (camels). [Ref- Both Bukhari & Muslim]
- Anyone who is sick or one has come in contact with an affected individual, should avoid prayers in the congregation. This instruction is derived from the incident of Ash-Shareed ibn Suwayd Ath-Thaqafi as the Prophet accepted his oath without coming in contact with him due to his plague. [Ref- Muslim]
- Washing hands which is part of Wudoo (Ablution), a Muslim’s daily ritual of purity.
- General cleanliness must be maintained as the Prophet (peace be upon him) said that cleanliness is part of Iman [Ref- Muslim]
- Covering your mouth when sneezing as the Prophet (peace be upon him) would cover his mouth when he sneezed.
- Anyone who can afford, should take pure honey and black seeds. This is not to say that honey and black seeds are medicines for Coronavirus, but they’re good for general respiratory health and seeking healing in what Allah has mentioned as Shifa will certainly carry blessings. Honey is mentioned in the Qur’an as Shifa [Ref- Surah Nahl: 69], and black seeds can cure any disease other than death as mentioned by the Prophet [Ref- Both Bukhari & Muslim].
- Read Qur’an as much as possible every day as Allah mentioned “Qur’an” as a healing (Shifa). [Ref- Surah Isra: 82]
- Ask Allah to save us from this deadly pandemic in prayers and especially in Tahajjud. No one can save us from this except Him. [Ref- Surah Yunus: 107]
- Make sincere du’a following Prophet’s guidelines & words. A separate guideline on du’a will be shared in sha Allah.
Words of Advice from a Man Who Died in an Epidemic
Abu Ubaydah Ibn Al Jarrah is from the ’Ashr al-Mubashshireen (ten companions who were given glad tidings of Paradise by the Prophet) and when he was dying of plague, he (ra) said to his army-
“Let me give you some advice, which will cause you to be on the path of goodness always— Establish Prayer. Fast the month of Ramadan. Give Sadaqah (Zakah & charity). Perform the Hajj and Umrah. Remain united and support one another. Be sincere to your commanders and do not conceal anything from them. Don’t let the world destroy you for even if man were to live a thousand years he would still end up with this state that you see me in. Peace be upon you and the mercy of God.”
May Allah have mercy on us.